30 November 2021
We are hiring !
Chief Financial Officer
Comhar Linn INTO Credit Union is seeking to recruit an experienced and ambitious Chief Financial Officer to lead the finance function and support the ongoing strategic direction of the Credit Union.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the day to day financial control of the Credit Union, financial reporting, regulatory returns, asset, liability and investment management and credit control.
Working closely with the CEO and the Board, you will influence the strategic agenda for the credit union and develop and drive the business forward to achieve our ambitious and attainable growth targets.
The Comhar Linn values include Member Focus, Teamwork and Professionalism. The new CFO will embrace these values and evolve to deliver best practice financial control and reporting, and to add value to the strategic agenda of the credit union.
This is a pre-approved control function under the Central Bank fitness and probity regime.
- Proactively oversee the finance function for Comhar Linn.
- Provide accurate and timely financial reporting to the Board and management team
- Attend and present a financial performance at Board meetings
- Monitor and identify trends in the Credit Unions financial performance
- Analysis of the results against budgets, forecasts, and strategic plans
- Prepare ad hoc financial reports on projects, capital investments or strategic initiatives
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of all the accounting records and financial systems.
- Ensure that all internal controls and procedures are fully implemented and close any control weaknesses by implementing necessary changes.
- Manage the overall credit union budget cycle, undertake annual budgeting, multi-year financial projections and scenario analysis.
- Ensure regulatory reporting requirements are completed accurately and timely, including all Central Bank or other statutory body requirements.
- Lead the annual external audit, ensuring that systems and processes are designed to provide a successful outcome to the audit
- Ensure ongoing regulatory and internal compliance is achieved.
- Liaise with auditors, regulators, and other professional advisers as necessary.
- Manage the Asset, Liability, and Investment position by supporting the ALI committee, liaising with Investment advisors and implementing the Board agreed strategy and policies
- Manage the Credit Control function
- Ensure that all finance-related policies are continually reviewed.
- Ensure robust compliance, risk and control framework exists, working closely with the Risk and Compliance manager.
- Responsibility for other finance functions including, Payroll and Bank reconciliations, Supplier management
- Take responsibility for the motivation, performance management and personal development of your team (1 FTE and 2 PTE)
- Maintain a strategic understanding of the regulatory environment and ensure the strategic and operational structures and activities are fully aligned with regulatory control and reporting requirements
- Develop strategic initiatives to identify and implement new business opportunities and enhance the performance of the existing business.
- Prepare financial models to critically evaluate strategic development plans and ensure financial disciplines are applied in the decision-making processes across the Credit Union
- Play a leadership role as a member of the senior management team and work cohesively with team members to live our values, support our objectives & targets and set high standards for performance.
The successful candidate will be result-driven, possess excellent communication skills, be a team player and be a self-starter. In addition, people management skills and good organisational and project management skills are essential in meeting the demands of the position.
In addition, the successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) and have ten plus years’ financial management experience, ideally with at least five at a management level.
- Financial services experience working in the industry, or professional practice (e.g. auditing) is a distinct advantage.
- Be systems focused and embrace technology to deliver improvements and efficiencies
- Strong excel and financial modelling skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures to include statutory accounting
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent ability to communicate, be self-motivated
- Experienced in managing stakeholder, customer, and third-party relationships
- Demonstrated capability in driving and implementing continuous improvement.
In addition, we are looking for a person with a strategic and growth mindset, who will add significant value to the strategic agenda of the credit union, working closely with the CEO and Board to define, deliver and continuously advance its strategic goals and objectives.
Background to the Credit Union:
Comhar Linn INTO Credit Union strives to be the preferred provider of loans and day-to-day banking for our members within or connected to the primary school teaching community. We offer a personal and responsive service to our members and genuinely care about their needs. This creates a strong affinity with our members, and we trust that they will be advocates for us and the services we offer. The relationship with our members drives us to achieve our vision through a very high standard of member care delivered by a highly competent team.
The organisation is well respected due to our co-operative approach and our not-for-profit nature.
You would be joining one of the largest credit unions in Ireland with an asset size of €290M million, with a strong senior management team and Board.
This is a great career opportunity for the person who wants to combine hands-on day-to-day financial work, management of the financial function, leadership and people management, with the opportunity to operate at a strategic level, within a large and successful credit union.
Salary & Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with the role and experience/skillset of the candidate.
If you'd like to make a confidential enquiry, our HR Recruitment Partner is Helena Broderick at CollierBroderick. Please contact Helena at 01 8666426 or 087 9074843 for a confidential discussion. Helena will be happy to discuss the role etc. on a confidential basis.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 5th January close of business.