11 January 2021
Q&A Peopl Insurance
Q&A with Comhar Linn's CEO Sean Murray
Could you tell us a little about Comhar Linn INTO Credit Union?
Comhar Linn INTO Credit Union is a member-based co-operative. We were established by teachers, are owned by teachers and operate for teachers. Our main objective is to ensure that our members, teachers just like you, always get great financial services and credit, how, when and where you need it. If you believe primary teachers do one of the most important jobs in the world, the feeling is mutual.
At Comhar Linn INTO Credit Union we specialise in helping primary teachers manage their money and achieve their financial goals. We offer a range of services such as competitive loans, budget accounts, online banking and now we offer our members a CurrentAccount service which provides members with a Mastercard debit card and overdraft facility.
For INTO members who wish to join Comhar Linn, you can now join online and become a member in just a few minutes - simply visit our website www.comharlinnintocu.ie and join the teaching community!
What are the top five reasons for a Primary Teacher to join Comhar Linn INTO Credit Union?
There are many benefits to joining Comhar Linn INTO Credit Union but if I was to pick my top five reasons they would be:
1. You can access safe and affordable credit, regardless of whether you’re starting your career as a teacher, or are well established in your school. We treat every teacher equally, and fairly - that’s a guarantee.
2. We foster a sense of community among our members. In fact, any surplus income earned goes back to our members and the community. And remember we always operate in your best interest.
3. We value the close relationship with our members and offer the best value. Be it to open a Current Account, seek insurance for your home, or need a loan for a new car or renovations to your home, we are there for our members through all walks of life!
4. We typically charge lower fees, lower rates on all of our loans and are flexible when it comes to our members repayments - these are some of the main reasons why teachers join our credit union! Further to this, we provide a friendly, professional and helpful lending service. Our goal is to remove all stresses involved with applying for a loan!
5. We exist to serve members of the I.N.T.O., the R.T.A.I. and their families on a not-for-profit basis. Members own the credit union. As a member, you have a say in how the credit union is run.
You’ve recently launched a new range of insurances, called Peopl. Could you tell us about this partnership?
In partnership with Peopl Insurance, Comhar Linn INTO Credit Union has launched some of the country’s most eye-catching insurance products. Our partnership is based on our shared belief that the member and the community is at the centre of everything we do. Together we have set out to establish “fairness” as the standard by which insurers should be considered, offering a range of products that put the customer first.
Furthermore, in helping to strengthen and support Comhar Linn INTO Credit Union, over half of Peopl’s income, after claims and running costs, goes back to our members and our community.
What insurance products does Peopl offer and what are the benefits for primary teachers?
First and foremost, primary teachers will have access to fair, affordable, and easy to buy insurance through a newly designed and simple, click and quote model. This allows teachers to get an instant quote and cover through a simple tap, click, call or visit.
We have launched with Life, Home and Travel insurance, offering inclusive cover, at very competitive prices, substantiated by highly competitive product benefits. Our Travel Insurance cover is amongst the first in Ireland to re-introduce Covid-19 protection.
There are no upper age limits, so our members, regardless of their age, can get travel cover (when they feel it’s safe to do so again). We also offer total cover for all the family and up to 6 children go free. Our Life Insurance cover offers the longest terms you’ll find, provides cover up to 91 years of age, plus you can get an immediate quote and cover provided on the same day. Even better, the first month cover is free. You can select from our Term Life, Mortgage Protection or Serious Illness covers. It’s ideal for any teacher starting out with their first mortgage, or members looking for Term Life cover, to safeguard their family in the long term.
Our Home cover gets rates from a group of insurers and in real-time ensures that the customer always gets the right cover, at the lowest possible cost. In addition we work every year to get the best renewal price, ensuring the cost of home insurance doesn’t automatically rise year on year.
Are there more exciting products planned for the future?
Yes, although we launched with three initial products, the Peopl range is growing rapidly with over 9 new products slated for roll out over the next 12 months, including cancer cover, student cover, pet cover, and lots more.
How can a primary teacher sign up to a Peopl Insurance policy?
Peopl insurance is accessible to all by calling our dedicated call centre on 0818 293 447 or through our website on www.comharlinnintocu.ie