Comhar Linn holds an annual bursary programme competition, the total amount of €17,000 is given away to 8 lucky students. The bursaries will be awarded to third level students who impress us most with their applications, showing a passion and dedication for furthering their education, following their goals and becoming an ambassador for Comhar Linn Credit Union.Apply Now
Application deadline 30th June 2023
Please note that in January 2023 there will be some changes to the Bursary categories, however you can still apply early using the below links. Details of the 2022 Bursary categories are as follows. There were three different categories for Student Members, Teacher Members and All Members
Colleges of Education
Categories of Eligibility
Student Members - 4 Bursaries of €3,000
Full-Time student members,
one from each of the following colleges:
- DCU Institute of Education
- Mary Immaculate College
- Maynooth University Froebel
- Marino Institute of Education, an Associated College of Trinity
Teacher Members - 2 Bursaries of €1,500
Teacher members following accredited 3rd level course in Education in a recognised University or education institution within the European Union.
All Members - 2 Bursaries of €1,000
Members following any accredited 3rd Level course in a recognised University or education institution with the European Union. Hibernia College PME course for student members.
Those applying for a bursary must meet the following Criteria:
Common Criteria (Categories 1,2 & 3)
- All applicants must be a member of Comhar Linn
- Applicants must have completed the Leaving Certificate Examination
- Completed applications must be received by June 30th 2023
- Must be accepted/enrolled in an accredited institution
- Evidence of College attendance or acceptance to College must be supplied with their application (Student Number and College Fee invoice will be accepted)
Category One Criteria
Successful candidates from Category One ONLY will agree to act as College Ambassadors for Comhar Linn for the academic year the bursary is awarded. This includes dedicating time each week promoting Comhar Linn to their peers & reporting to the Marketing Manager each month. This activity will include:
- Maintain Social Media presence for Comhar Linn at College
- Identify sponsorship opportunities
- Comhar Linn Student Council participation - How to make Comhar Linn more relevant with students
The winners will be invited to participate at an Awards Ceremony at each of the colleges the students will be attending in 2023 in November (TBC)
Applicants are confined to students in each of the four teacher training colleges in Ireland (DCU St Patrick’s College, Mary Immaculate College, Maynooth College and Marino Institute of Education.)
Awards will be given on:
- The quality of the entry application form provided by applicants
- To students who contribute to their school in some way, e.g. student committee, prefect, etc.
- To students who contribute in some way to their community, e.g. Gaisce Awards, Youth Club leader, etc.
- Knowledge of Credit Unions and their value to society
Categories Two and Three Criteria
Available to applicants commencing or continuing their full-time, Third-Level Education, at any approved University or third level educational institution within the EU.
All applications must be submitted by June 30th 2023.
- Children of Staff, Management, Directors, Oversight Board Committee of Comhar Linn are not eligible to apply.
- A family may be in receipt of only one Education Bursary at any one time.
- An applicant may apply under one category only.
- The successful winners will be announced in August 2023.
- The Board of Directors of the Credit Union reserves the right to alter any of these terms and conditions at its sole discretion without prior notice.
- In applying for the bursary, you are agreeing to participate in promotional activities such as photo opportunities or videos arranged by Credit Union, you are also agreeing to your name and photo as the winner of the Bursary being used across our social media and press media outlets.
- Unforeseen circumstances concerning eligibility will be reviewed if they arise during the tenure of an award.
- The decision of the assessment panel will be final. No correspondence will be entered into.
Yes a family member can apply for our bursary programme, they must become a member first before they can apply.
No, our bursary programme is exclusive to members only. To apply you must first need to apply for membership.
Yes all fields must be completed by the member to apply for this category.
Yes you need to be accepted into one of the colleges of education to apply for this category. Proof of college acceptance is required.
“I am in third year in Marino Institute of Education. This year I was lucky to be one of the winners of Comhar Linn’s bursary. Earlier in the year, it came to my attention about the bursary w...”Read more
|Rachael Sullivan||Category One||DCU|
|Aoife Doyle||Category One||Marino Institute of Education|
|Brídín Kelly||Category One||Maynooth University|
|Roisín McPhillips||Category One||Mary Immaculate College|
|Evelyn Quin||Category Two||Mary Immaculate College|
|Olivia Smith||Category Two||Hibernia|
|Luke Garland||Category Three||Maynooth University|
|Laura Prendergast||Category Three||Hibernia|
|Sayra Lynch||Category One||Marino Institute of Education|
|Caroline Whelan||Category One||Maynooth University (Froebel)|
|Caoimhe Kelly||Category One||DCU St Patrick's College|
|Caoimhe Kavanagh||Category One||Mary Immaculate College|
|Lyndsey Staunton||Category Two||DCU|
|Eimear O'Neill||Category Two||Hibernia|
|Dearbhaile Wrafter||Category Three||University of Galway|
|John Kavanagh||Category Three||Hibernia|
|Muireann O'Carroll||Category One||DCU St Patrick's College|
|Annmarie Collins||Category One||Marino Institute of Education|
|Ailish Clifford||Category One||Mary Immaculate College|
|Lórien Ní Bhreathnach||Category One||Maynooth University (Froebel)|
|Liadhan Kelly||Category Two||Mary Immaculate College|
|Noreen McCrohan||Category Two||University Limerick|
|Catríona Atkinson||Category Three||Trinity|
|Cillian Byrne||Category Three||Hibernia|
|Lea Mooney||Category One||Marino Institute of Education|
|Marie O’Connor||Category One||Mary Immaculate College|
|Róisín Hayes||Category One||Maynooth University (Froebel)|
|Deirbhile Travers||Category One||DCU St Patrick’s College|
|Valerie Ní Choinneacháin||Category One||University College Dublin|
|Claire Donnelly||Category One||Mary Immaculate College|
|Megan Griffin||Category One||Hibernia College|
|Mícheál Mc Clean||Category One||University Limerick|
|Ms. Grainne Smyth||B. Ed., 2nd Year||Mary Immaculate College|
|Adhna Nic Gearailt||B.Ed., 1st Year||Coláiste Mhuire, Marino|
|Anna Kathleen Sammon||B.Ed., 1st Year||DCU St Patrick’s College|
|Daire Rowe||B.Ed., 4th Year||DCU St Patrick’s College|
|Rory Mc Hugh||B.Ed., 1st Year||DCU St Patrick’s College|
|Jennifer Clifford||B. Ed., 3rd Year||Mary Immaculate College|
|Fiona Collins||Post Grad, Therapeutic Radiographer, 2nd Year||University Of Liverpool|
|Clodagh Neville||B. A., 2nd Year||Mary Immaculate College|
|Ultan O’Flanagan||B Mus., 3rd Year||CIT Cork|
|Claire Lynch||M.Ed., 2nd Year||University College Dublin|
|Meabh Keane||M. Ed., 2nd Year||Trinity College Dublin|
|Anne-Marie Ferry||M. Ed., 2nd Year||St Angela’s College, Sligo|
|Eileen O’Shea||M. HRM., 1st Year||U.C.C.|
|Deirdre Nic Ionnraic||Dioplóma san Aistriúchán agus san|
Eagarthóireacht na Gaeilge, 1st Year.
|Gillian Love||Iarchéim san Aistriúchán, 2nd Year.||Coláiste Na hÉireann|
The first step is to fill in the following fields and hit ‘Submit’ and we’ll be in touch with you shortly.
Contact us for Assistance
Our staff are here for you and we are available from 10:00-17:00 Monday to Friday, you can reach us by email, over the phone or you can drop in to our office on Parnell Square.
Call us on
(01) 873 1101
33 Parnell Square
Dublin 1, DO1 W563